ABOUT FIND YOUR STUFF
"Find The Stuff You Forgot You Had!"
A PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZER CAN HELP YOU.
Jan Baltrush, Professional Organizer, offers various organizing services and techniques in New Haven and Litchfield Counties.
If you are looking to de-clutter, organize, or use your spaces more efficiently, Jan can help.
Hi, I would like to introduce myself; I am Jan. I was born and raised in Waterbury. And after some time at college outside of Boston, I am back in Waterbury.
Is being organized a matter of "nature" or "nurture"?
In my case, I would have to say it is "nature."
I grew up with very organized parents. For instance, my father maintained a fully stocked pantry; With soup cans on one shelf and tuna on another. Toothpaste, shampoo, and toiletries each had their place. Bottles of Tide were on the shelf above the washing machine, and the paper towels belonged on the large white plastic shelves in the corner. My mom had also organized almost every drawer in the house. She was a master of repurposing rather than using anything fancy or expensive to stay organized. She used the boxes that her Christmas cards came in. She would use the clear plastic tops for the paperclips and elastic bands and cardboard bottoms for the more oversized items – pens, pencils, staplers, and scissors.
So it comes very naturally to me to use Tupperware containers for my makeup, use an extra laundry basket for my laundry detergent and dryer sheets, and designate one drawer in my kitchen for all the Tupperware / Ziploc / Rubbermaid container lids. I even have a three-ring binder to record information about my garden beds. What plants do I have, how many plants do I have in each bed, where did I buy the plants from, etc. I'll use anything to organize my "stuff."
Now you may be asking why did I start Find Your Stuff?
Well, it began with a retirement seminar that I attended. And when I realized I could retire and still have time for a second career, I began to think, "What do I REALLY want to do?"
I have watched my share of HGTV and TLC shows about organizing and noticed that some of the hosts had the "Professional Organizer "title, prompting me to look into that profession. I soon found a National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) website. This website led me to contact the CT Chapter of NAPO. I was able to attend a few of their meetings. And it was at these meetings I found what I wanted to do for my second career; it was a perfect fit.
I love to organize, I love helping people, and that my way of storing things could benefit others.
Find Your Stuff can benefit you:
- So if you feel that you need someone to look at your: Rooms, Garage, Attic, or Office Space in a new way, feel free to give me a call.
- If you usually are an organized person but have recently gone through life-changing experiences and need someone to get you jump-started, feel free to give me a call.
- If you need someone to keep you on task or encourage you to take the time to clean out that closet, feel free to give me a call.
- And if you felt uncomfortable with calling in an organizer; Think of it this way. If you don't have time to clean your house, call a cleaning service. If you plan to lose a few pounds, you may join a gym and hire a personal trainer. You may call a nanny if you are too busy running the kids to and from their practices/games/scouts. So why not call in a Professional Organizer to help you get your closets, kitchen, and garages in order?
So feel free to give me a call and let me help you find the stuff you forgot you had.
Should you need assistance with:
- Cluttered Home
- Just Moved into a New Home
- Started a Home Business
- An Additional Family Member Move in with You
- Feel you can use your rooms in a more efficient and productive manner
Contact Jan Baltrush at Find Your Stuff.
Jan will work alongside you as you sort through your items, make those crucial decisions, and keep you on task to get the job done. She will also be able to give you helpful tips and innovative ideas on keeping your areas clutter-free.
She can also help you with:
- Removing the items you no longer need.
Jan is a proud member of the National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals (NAPO) and follows its code of ethics.
- National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals (NAPO)
- National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals (NAPO) Connecticut Chapter
- National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals Residential Organizing Specialist Certificate
- National Association of Productivity & Organizing Professionals Golden Circle
- CenterSphere Member